JOB TITLE: Education House Officer
DIVISION: In accordance with assignment
ORGANISATIONAL RELATIONSHIP: Reports to the Administrator Division of Education Innovation and Energy.
NATURE & SCOPE: Responsible for diagnosing and administering general medical treatment to patients in a hospital or through extension services at a clinic, school or clinic mobile or other designated place. He/She performs under the general supervision of a professional superior who is available for consultation and is reviewed through observation, consultation and analysis of findings and reports.
DEADLINE: August 4, 2021
The Education House Officer would be required to:
- Review and advise on DEIE protocols and practices relevant to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Provide on the spot direction to staff and students with respect to suspected and positive cases of COVID-19
- Conduct medical examinations and dispose as may appear necessary.
- Examine clients in accordance with government policy.
- Provide medical attention to ECCE, Primary and Secondary students and other DEIE staff
- Provide liaison services between the DEIE and County Medical Officers of Health
- Undertake medico-legal duties as may be reasonably required with specialist advice if necessary.
- Record patients’ clinical status on day of discharge. The final diagnosis and relevant investigations on discharge should also be recorded. Patients’ treatment on discharge should be recorded and clear statement as to how long such therapy is indicated must be made. The disposal of the patient on discharge must be clearly recorded.
- Conduct functions as required by their reporting officer.
- Ensure that case summaries of the patient’s problem and progress to discharge (or otherwise) are forwarded to the referring Doctor as soon as possible after patient’s discharge.
- Complete all case summaries within three (3) weeks (21 days) of the patient’s disposal from care.
- Provide acceptable medical care and accurate documentation of all patients’ treatment under his/her care.
- Perform other related duties as directed by the appropriate organizational relationship.
KEY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the principle and practices of medicine including the diagnosis of a variety of diseases and injuries, especially as it pertains to pediatric cases..
- Knowledge of principles and practices of preventative medicine.
- Knowledge of Public Health Ordinance and medical jurisprudence.
- Ability to examine patients, diagnose, prescribe and administer necessary treatment.
- Ability to gain confidence and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Training as evidenced by the possession of a recognized Medical Degree
- Successful completion of at least three (3) years in the hospital setting (including Pediatrics), and at least two years within Primary Care Services.
- Registration as a Medical Practitioner by the Medical Board of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Education District Health Nurses
- Education District Nurses
COMMUNICATION AND WORKING RELATIONSHIP
General Manager Primary Care Services
Primary Care Physicians
Education District Health Nurses
Specialist Medical Officers
Education District Nurses
Other Medical Personnel
Other members of the Health Care Team
University of the West Indies
Other Regional Health Authorities
Private Medical institutions
General Practitioners in the Area