JOB TITLE: Teacher Aide
Teacher Aides are responsible for assisting Special Teachers at assigned special schools in executing their tasks.
Principal / Special Teacher
SUPERVISION GIVEN TO:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· The preparation of classroom material.
· The delivery of classroom materials.
· Ensuring the safety of students in the classroom and on the school compound.
· Providing the physical and social support necessary for students with disabilities.
· Assists with planning activities using a variety of material and equipment to improve the social, emotional, physical, creative, spiritual and intellectual development of students.
· Assist in evaluating the needs of individual children and help prepare activity plans to meet those needs.
· Prepares materials and teaching aids as necessary.
· Assists with record keeping as required.
· Assists in general duties as required from time to time to maintain the efficient operations of school.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Some knowledge of special education.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Ability to communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing.
· Ability to identify problems, evaluate alternatives and make recommendations.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
· Five (5) subjects (including English A and Mathematics) – CXC General Proficiency, GCE or equivalent.