Subject: Physical Education
Level: Form Two
Areas: Physical Fitness and Wellness
Topic/Theme: The Body Systems/The Circulatory System
The Effects of Physical Activity on the Circulatory System
- The circulatory system transports blood to all parts of the body.
- It provides the muscles with the necessary oxygen and nutrients needed for energy.
- Participating in physical activities affect the way our circulatory system works.
- Our organs and tissues in the system adapt to the stress of physical activity/exercise and this result in changes.
- Some of these changes occur during and after we exercise.
- Other changes are long term and occur due to regular participation in physical activities.