LEVEL: STANDARD FOUR
By the end of this worksheet, you will be able to:
- Solve problems using the analog clock.
- The short hand on the clock is the hour hand.
- The long hand on the clock is the minute hand.
- Some analog clocks have a third hand that goes faster than the other two hands. This is the second hand.
- There are five evenly spaced units between consecutive numbers. When the minute hand moves to one of these units, it represents 1 minute. Hence, when it moves to consecutive digits e.g. from 2 to 3, it represents five minutes.
- When the long hand has past 12 and is before 6, we say minutes after/past the hour.
- When the long hand has past 6 and is before 12, we say minutes to the hour.
- When the long hand is on 6, we say half past the hour.